Saturday, August 29, 2009

“Nevertheless we urge you, brothers and sisters, to progress even more, and to aspire to live a tranquil life...”

I Thes 4:10-11 "Nevertheless we urge you, brothers and sisters, to progress even more, and to aspire to live a tranquil life..."

When I first started preaching on the street corners, some people would nickname me "John the Baptist." At first, I kind of liked the nickname, but then I said; "Wait a minute, he was beheaded… I am not sure if I am liking that name much right about now." Nevertheless, St. Paul extorts for us all… he urges us to progress more in our lives. Just as St. John the Baptist was sent here to be the precursor of the Messiah, we too are now sent. Sent to go and proclaim the Glory of God through the Works of Jesus Christ. We must progress in our learning of Scripture, progress in our learning of Theology, but not forgetting to progress in loving our fellow brothers and sisters. You need to ensure that you make this a 'Tranquil' day in your life, make peace amid the storm, calm against the waves and love against hatred. God will be smiling upon you as you go about this progress in your life today. Just as John the Baptist was called, so are you called to make Disciples.

Blessings and Peace to you and remember… KEEP ON KEEPIN' ON!

Richard Lane, Qorban Ministries – www.CatholicEvangelist.net

No comments: