Friday, August 21, 2009

“… and one of them a scholar of the law, tested him by asking...”

Matt 22:34-35 "… and one of them a scholar of the law, tested him by asking..."

"Don't you test me boy!" I smile now when I think of how stupid I was when I was a young man (at that age I use that term very loosely), trying to put my mother to the test when I thought I was a man. We go through life facing tests in education, testing to get into High School, College, even testing for specific jobs we are seeking. Life is always a test, somewhat a test of your faith, and others, friends, family members, and acquaintances will test you especially on the journey you are on now to deepen your faith. Remember that even Jesus was tested by those who were scholars of the law during His time, and Jesus persevered. You will be tested today, either by your family, your job, or even in your loneliness today, you will be tested; remember the answer to the test is this… "You shall love the Lord, your God, with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind. This is the greatest and the first commandment." Did you pass the test? Do you love Him? Go and tell somebody today to ensure they also pass the test!

God's continued blessings to you and your family and remember – KEEP ON KEEPIN' ON!

Richard Lane, Qorban Ministries – www.CatholicEvangelist.net

No comments: