Sunday, June 8, 2008

Is He calling you...





In today's Gospel we heard about the calling of Levi also known as Matthew. During the time of Christ, as a tax collector, it would have been like Jesus walking up to a Modern Day Dope Dealer and saying to him, "Follow Me."


Matthew was needing someone to "call him into service" for a better relationship with God the Father. We as Christians know the Way to God the Father and that is through Christ, but do we truly hear Christ calling us into service? Do we listen to the Holy Spirit when directed to help a homeless person, help someone in dire need, do we listen to the Holy Spirit when He directs us to do something that is "out of our comfort zone?"

I recall when I was lead to begin proclaiming the Gospel on the inner city streets of St. Louis, Missouri some three years ago. Doing this, as a "Catholic Evangelist" was unheard of at the time. (It is still somewhat unheard of in most American Metropolitan Cities) Going onto the street corners and proclaiming the Majesty of Christ, proclaiming His Glory, proclaiming His HOPE to the hopeless, helpless and homeless. In stepping "outside my comfort zone" the Lord revealed to me His blessings in the form of people that would approach me on the street, not only for prayer, but some coming and offering me support as well as a blessing for me. It was "getting outside of my comfort zone" that I realized the "Ministry" that God had ordained for my life...my calling as a "Catholic Evangelist" to be able to inspire, help and give to others the blessings that God has given me.

God is calling each and every one of us to a higher calling. Millions of Dollars, that is NOTHING in the grand scheme of God's plan. Jesus told us "In my Father's House there are many mansions...I am going to prepare a place for you." Would you give up EVERYTHING in Eternal Life for something so little as all the money on earth and spending eternity in damnation? God IS calling you to something else, something bigger than yourself. God is calling us all to "Follow Him" and serve others, love others as Christ loved us.

I challenge you to listen to the calling God has for your life. He will take you to higher places you never ever dreamed you could go. Through Christ you will achieve so much more happiness through earthly things. Say YES to the Lord's calling in your life and know that He will continue to make a Way out of no way in your life! Let it begin TODAY!

Keep us in your prayers, we will keep you in ours.

Peace 2 U and "Keep on keepin on!"

Qorban Ministries
Check out our website at www.QorbanMinistries.net

No comments: