Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Catholic’s, are you Saved???

Yesterday I took my daughter to the dentist's office for a follow up visit. Halfway through the visit the Doctor called me over and showed me something on my daughter's teeth. After he finished, he asked me if I was enjoying my vacation, to which I advised him that I rarely take a vacation as I am self-employed and work in Ministry and the Lord's work NEVER stops for 'Vacation'. (Yes I am well aware the Lord rested on the seventh day, to which I try to adhere to, thanks to my lovely wife!)

He asked me what I did for a living and told him that I was a "Catholic Evangelist", and conduct Revivals and speak and preach all over the Country. The Doctor than proceeded to tell me that he was one of the 'Frozen Chosen', and asked if I had ever heard that before? Well, if any of you reading this have ever heard me preach, you have heard me make reference to a lot of Catholic's as the 'Frozen Chosen' as well. He said that he was 'Evangelical' (of course me not knowing which denomination) and he continued to tell me about his daughter, who several years ago began to study the teachings of Aquinas and Augustine. Well, immediately I knew where this was going, because anyone who studies these great Theologians, with an open mind, will be IMMEDIATELY led to them as being two of the Early Church Fathers and one cannot help but be led to the Roman Catholic Church! PRAISE THE LORD!

He continued in saying that his daughter then received a scholarship to study at Notre Dame and continues to seek a Theology Degree, and he was not really upset with her Conversion to Catholicism. What disturbs him most is the fact that when he asks her "are you Saved", she gives these wonderful Theological reflections, (which a lot of educated Catholic's can do VERY well), but just cannot simply respond, "Yes" or "No".

I have been blessed to travel the Country, speaking and preaching all over and yet, I hear a lot of the same questions, which is not a bad thing, if you don't ask, you will never know.

The answer to this question is UNAQUIVICALLY YES! YES we ARE SAVED! Jesus Christ, by whose act of Salvation we are objectively saved! He died, He rose and saved us from SIN!

    II Corinthians 5:15 – So whoever is in Christ is a new creation.

I Corinthians 15:2 – Through it (the Gospel) you are also being saved, if you hold fast to the word I preached to you, unless you believed in vain.

Romans 5:9 – How much more then, since we are now justified by his blood, will we be saved through him from the wrath.

I think St. Paul's letter to the Romans says so much to me…YES we are saved by His Blood, saved by His Sacrifice for ALL of us.

One of the first passages I came to remember was John 14:6 – Jesus said, "I am the Way, the Truth and the Life, no man goes to the Father except through me!" If we believe and understand and work toward Salvation, it will be attained. What I mean by work is, we cannot be the 'frozen chosen' and just sit idly and believe we are saved, we must Love each other, Serve one another and we must also, as St. Paul tells us, seek a DAILY PENTECOST – die to our fleshly desires, and live in HIM!

Yes, thank God almighty, WE – CATHOLIC'S – are SAVED!

On this the last day of 2008, I think this is very much an appropriate note and tone to end the year on…Salvation! Let us approach 2009, with more enthusiasm, a greater LOVE and greater ZEAL for Souls, for Jesus Christ, because if others see the Light, within us, they will be drawn toward Eternal Salvation and as our Holy Fathers tell us, the greatest means of Salvation is right HERE – HOME – in our ONE – HOLY – CATHOLIC and –APOSTOLIC CHURCH!

Praise be Jesus Christ now and forever more…AMEN!

Happy New Year everyone and God bless!

Qorban Ministries


 

PS…Yes, I did assure the Doctor that his daughter was on the road toward Eternal Salvation and if she truly believes what the Church teaches…she IS saved! Thank you Lord!


 

www.CatholicEvangelist.net

www.RLaneConsultants.com

No comments: